Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WikiSchoolPedia Photography Workshop

Last week-end I went out of my comfort zone: I joined a photography workshop. With people. I even talked to them.

It's probably the best thing I've done in a long time. Wiki Lee from WikiSchoolPedia, teacher at the workshop, had totally contagious enthusiasm about photography, people and teaching. His wife Ilona who runs FotoExpression welcomed us in their home as a true host and I can honestly say I came out with new friends from three days of fun, knowledge sharing, experience and yummy food.

To top it all up, Jenny Sun was co-presenting the workshop and shared a lot of her experience with us. Hearing her journey and getting some insight into what goes in her mind when she shoots was very valuable.

Overall this workshop definitely strengthened my love for wedding photography and inspired me to try different things and broaden the way I see through the lens.

Thank you Wiki, Ilona and Jenny for a memorable week-end!

Here are some shots of our models taken at the workshop, followed by some "behind the scene" moments! :)


 BEHIND THE SCENES

To prove that photography can do wonders, take a look at what our models really looked like! ;))

We also had some technical problems along the way...

Jenny Sun doing what she does best...

Wiki doing what he does best... ;))

Sometimes a shoe would fly off...

The team in action!

Ilona showing us the secrets of video light...
... and directing the couple

3 comments:

  1. Great shots Marie not to mention good capture of behind the scenes ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your participation. Much appreciated. I am sure our lives will cross again someday... keep in touch and keep the good works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, beautiful shots! You were lovely and made Ali and I feel very comfortable in front of the camera. The behind the scenes are so funny! Thankyou for fixing my popped button!

    ReplyDelete