Sunday, January 3, 2010

Whale Beach Wedding: Blair & Arlene

Blair and Arlene are one of the coolest couples on the planet. By cool I mean always open to people, optimistic, adventurous, positive, young at heart and fun. Above all, they share a very special bond. They have that twinkle of complicity in their eyes and only ever speak very highly of each other. This was reflected in their vows when the bride and most of the guests got really emotional. I could hardly refrain from shedding a tear myself behind my viewfinder... These two will definitely grow old together.

I've know them both for a couple of years from work where they met. Knowing them both is an added bonus to us the photographers. It makes it easier to capture what's truly them. The whole wedding reflected what I've always know them to be: Simplicity yet high quality. The venue was Jonah's at Whale Beach (Sydney, Australia), with breathtaking views. I loved the fact that the ceremony was on the edge of a cliff with such a magnificent backdrop. Well, that's from my personal point of view. From a photographer's point of view, it was a real challenge, as with the bright sky behind them the couple and bridal party were basically backlit. And I didn't want to use flash. So I had to opt for an overexposed sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment